Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Pippi Figures Arrived!


I won the cool Pippi figures off of the Swedish ebay-type site Tradera! The seller was really, really nice and made my purchase very easy for me as he spoke, er wrote, fantastic English.

Here's a picture of my Barbapapa figure welcoming my Pippi figure, hee hee.

Someday I hope to visit Sweden and see all the cool Pippi places, etc. in person. There's Astrid Lindgren's World Playpark in Vimmerby. Apparently there's a recreation of Pippi's house as well as a whole bunch of other people and places in Lindgren's many books.

One of my favorite artists, Carl Larson (and his wife, Karin, too) is from Sweden and you can tour the house that he and his family lived in and built. So I definitely want to go there and also to the places where his murals and paintings are exhibited. I was really lucky to see some of his original paintings at a museum show about the Arts and Crafts Movement at the L.A. County Museum of Art.

And, of course, you can't forget Ikea. Gotta see where Ikea all started.

1 comments:

Ansley Bleu said...

Yea! Super cute.